Sunday, February 27, 2011

Antiques and Apple Pie

Mingo and I, a few times a year, try to make it up to the mountains outside San Diego to a little town called Julian. Julian was founded right after the Civil War and many farmers migrated there to grow apples and mine for gold....we love it's old charm. Mingo and I love to head up right after the snow falls and get hot apple dumplings from the famous Mom's, rummage for treasure in their antique barn shops, grab hot apple cider, and take home their yummy pumpkin butter and natural honey. We had a great time and I was so excited to find a few antique 40's and 50's era rolling pins that I am trying to collect! I saw them in a design magazine and love the idea of how many good treats and memories were made from these old kitchen solid wood pins.


{ 34 Degrees....brrrrr }

{ Love finding Vintage Treasures }


{ SO glad they had a wood stove in here }


{Old Barn Sale...this is where I found my Vintage Rolling Pins}


{SCORE!}


{Time for some famous Mom's Apple Pie}



{And Cider}


{Their Hand Made Dumplings are the BEST}

{ Off to Get Some Candy}


{ And Honey}


{And then I made Mingo pretend Like he was in Jail...not that fun in freezing temps.haha}


{ Mingo took me to this hole in the wall diner for breakfast...$2.50 breakfast...Luckys}


{ On our Way home...Mingo took this}






If you live in the San Diego area it just snowed up in Julian this weekend and if you have the time to make it up there this week it should be sparkling white. Take time to get away and make little adventures for yourself in the midst of life business. 









No comments:

Post a Comment